Help your early literacy patrons reach their full potential at each stage of growing with the information provided by SDStepAhead childhood initiative made possible by the South Dakota Department of Education!
SDStepAhead Supporting Early Learners http://sdstepahead.com/
Interactive website to showcase the Early Learning Guidelines.
Organized by age range and developmental domains:
- Approaches to Learning
- Social & Emotional Development
- Communication, Language & Literacy
- Cognitive Development
- Health & Physical Development SD
SD EARLY LEARNING GUIDELINES (Recently updated!) http://sdstepahead.com/assets/images/early_learning_guidelines.pdf
- Improve knowledge of child development.
- Inform age-appropriate expectations for children’s development and learning.
- Establish goals for children’s development and learning that are shared across programs and services.
- Guide plans for developing curricula and activities.
- Support transition for young children into school settings.
For more information contact the SD Department of Education Head Start Collaboration Office at 605.773.4640 or email@example.com.