Thursday, June 4, 2020

Introducing Kim Bonen

New Digital Resources Coordinator at SDSL

My name is Kim Bonen and I am your new South Dakota State Library Digital Resources Coordinator! I will be working from Aberdeen, SD remotely. I am originally from Tolstoy, SD and moved to Aberdeen in 2001 to attend Northern State University. I worked at the K.O. Lee Aberdeen Public Library for the past 11 years and recently completed my MLS with Emporia State University this spring. I also have a certificate in Public History from NSU.

My husband, Paul, and I have two dogs, Penny and Ender, and a cat, Chloe. Fair warning-I am one of those people who will show you pictures of their pets whether you want to see them or not. Just to kick things off, I have included several here for your viewing pleasure:

collage of three pets. black and white dog, black cat, and black dog
Penny, Chloe and Ender

I love to travel and have been to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Seattle, Jamaica, Haiti, Cozumel. Last spring, I was in Washington D.C. Below is a photo of me with the famous painting “A Young Girl Reading” in the National Gallery of Art. I look forward to working with all South Dakota libraries and librarians! Don’t hesitate to give me a call (605-295-3174) or shoot me an email.

Photo of Kim with painting, "A Young Girl Reading"